Facebook

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Introducing New Extension Agent


Hi!
My name is Barbara Linder, and I wanted to formally introduce myself to all of the 4-H families in Randolph County. My position is comprised of 50% Family Consumer Sciences (Child Nutrition), 35% Equine (Adult and 4-H Horse programs) and 15% 4-H Afterschool. I am very excited to be working with the 4-H Equine Program here in Randolph County, and throughout the North Central District.
I have been a lifelong equestrian, and began riding officially at the age of 7. I grew up competing on the hunter 'C' and 'A' circuits, continuing throughout college. I also competed in AQHA shows during the early 1990s, finishing with multiple year end awards. During graduate school, I transitioned to three-day-eventing, and qualified for the 2004 American Eventing Championships. Also in 2004, I moved to Orlando Florida, where I served as the Orange County 4-H Agent. While in Florida, I showed jumpers in Tampa and Ocala. Now that I am back in North Carolina, I have retired my jumper and now have a budding career as a dressage rider with my 17.3 hand, and still growing, 3 year old Oldenburg, Remington VT! When I am not in the saddle, I enjoy spending time cooking, SCUBA diving, flying, and playing with my border collies Belle and Katie.
I am very excited to be a part of a wonderful 4-H team, and Cooperative Extension staff. I look forward to meeting you all!

No comments: